Public Groupactive 11 months, 2 weeks ago
To address the root causes of health disparities, beyond healthcare and health behaviors, by supporting projects, policies and research that will enable every resident to achieve their optimal level of health — regardless of where they live, learn, work, play or age.
Goal: Improving opportunities for health and achieving health equity in the District.
Strategy Description: Build Multi-Sector Collaborations and Promote Health in All Policies; Leverage Community-Based Participatory Research; and Demonstrate Health Equity Practice Change.
Level of Change: Systems
Primary Focus Area:
Data Category Tag: Equity and Justice
Estimated Implementation Date:
Estimated Completion Date:
Estimated Ease of Implementation: Hard
Estimated Cost of Implementation: Low
Potential Community Benefit: Very High
Research: Evidence shows that overall, clinical care drives only 20% of population health outcomes, with the remaining 80% generated by non-clinical determinants.